It's that time of the week again and I have…
A few years back I was doing work on a film set. It was cold, it was winter, and we were working outside the entire time. At lunch the catering team served cupfuls of soup to keep us warm, and it was easily the most delicious soup I’ve ever tried. Afterwards I searched to find a similar recipe, but had no luck.
What I’m sharing with you today is what I came up with. I used another recipe, along with my own powers of estimation and I’d have to say this is pretty much the same as the original soup. I implore you to give this recipe a go – it’s super quick and easy. Many people have asked me for this, so now I’m putting it out there.
This will probably be the tastiest soup you’ve ever made. It’s a great, healthy, winter warmer!Serves: 2 people as Main, 4 people as Entree Cooking and prep time: 30 minutes.
- 1 tbls Cooking Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Minced Ginger
- 1 tsp Minced Chilli
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 cup Dried Red Lentils
- 1 litre Vegetable Stock
- 425g Crushed Tomatoes
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 200g Green Vegetables chopped i.e Spinach, Green Beans, Kale
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
1. Heat a large saucepan and add oil. Add onion and cook until transparent.
2. Add garlic, ginger, turmeric, chilli and coriander. Add lentils and stir for about a minute to coat with spices.
3. Pour in vegetable stock, tomatoes and coconut milk.
4. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes, stir occasionally, until lentils are cooked.
5. Add green vegetable and cook until tender. Green beans will need about 5-10 minutes, where as something like spinach will cook almost instantly.
3. Add lemon juice and black pepper.
Your soup is ready to enjoy. 🙂
Hope you enjoyed today’s post. I love reading and responding to everyone’s comments, so feel free to leave a comment of your own.
For updates on me, my articles and posts, please sign up for my new monthly newsletter. All details will remain private.