Welcome to my super tasty and healthy fruit and nut loaf, created using a mix other recipes I found. Not only is this loaf gluten-free, it’s also dairy-free, and contains lots of protein. It’s so dense only a couple of slices will fill up most people.
This loaf can also be kept pre-sliced in the freezer, it lasts for months and is useful both as an emergency lunch (again, quick and super filling), and as a treat to serve with coffee to guests.
Best of all, this recipe is really fast to put together––it just takes some time in the oven. I’ve also included a tasty serving suggestion below. 😀
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, High Protein Fruit and Nut Loaf.
Prep time: 10 minutes.
Total cooking time: 1 hour.
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds *plus 1 tablespoon for sprinkling
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds *plus 1 tablespoon for sprinkling
- 1 tbsp black or white chia seeds *plus 1 tablespoon for sprinkling
- 1/3 cup almonds (or walnuts), chopped
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 cups dried fruit eg: dried cranberries, currents, chopped apricots or figs.
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp coconut oil (melted if in solid state)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat over to 160 degrees Celsius. Line and grease a 20cm x 10cm loaf tin.
2. Mix sunflower, pumpkin and chai seeds in a large bowl, along with the nuts, almond meal, bicarb soda and coconut flour.
3. Add remaining ingredients and combine until you get a chunky batter.
4. Pour mixer into baking tin and smooth out evenly. Sprinkle with extra seeds and bake for 45-50 minutes, until golden and cooked through (check with a skewer or knife, insert and if it comes out clean, your loaf is ready).
5. Remove from oven, allow to cool before turning out onto a wire cooling rack.
Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee, along with a tasty bite of high cocoa dark chocolate. 😀
***I often have this as a snack, topped with almond butter, bananas, and a light sprinkling of salt and cinnamon (see below picture).
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s post, I love reading and responding to everyone’s comments, so feel free to say ‘Hello’ if you’d like.
For updates on me, my articles and posts sign up for my new monthly newsletter. All details will remain private.