This week’s recipe is a simple and quick twist on walnuts, harnessing the health benefits of maple syrup and cinnamon. And if you check back next week, I’ll also be including a second recipe in which these walnuts can be used.
Give this a go for your next table snack!
Cooking and prep time: 20 minutes or less.
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 100ml maple syrup
- 250g walnuts
- ¼ tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
2. In a small, heat-proof bowl, spoon in coconut oil. If still in solid form, microwave for 20 seconds until melted, then add maple syrup, before mixing together.
2. Add the walnuts into a larger bowl, followed by cinnamon and mixed spice. Pour maple syrup and coconut oil mixture over the top and combine everything well.
3. Pour nuts onto a flat oven tray, which has been covered with baking paper. Spread evenly and bake for about 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on the nuts, do not allow to burn or get too brown, but do allow to dry out a little.
4. Remove nuts from the oven and allow to cool completely. Once cool the coconut oil will solidify again and these walnuts will be ready to eat (though usually tastier the next day).
*These can be eaten as is.
Next week I will post another recipe that utilises these nuts.
Hope you enjoyed today’s post. I love reading and responding to everyone’s comments, so feel free to leave a comment of your own.
For updates on me, my articles and posts, please sign up for my new monthly newsletter. All details will remain private.