While I've been super busy writing a short story for…
If you’re anything like me, breakfast ideas are hard to come by. Much less, breakfast ideas that are fast to make whilst trying to get yourself (and possibly others) out the door. MUCH less, breakfast ideas that both you and little ones can enjoy! But I’m here to share a recipe I stumbled upon this week that’s: Gluten-free. Sugar-free. Dairy-free. A quick snack for babies, toddlers, and adults alike. And it’s healthy & Delicious!
I came upon this recipe by total accident. Due to my gluten allergy, I’ve been making buckwheat pancakes for a while. I love the idea of using buckwheat, as it’s generally healthier than the rice-based flour alternatives available—but I was never quite happy with the recipe I had and resorted to a supermarket premade mix instead. That’s until I experimented and came up with THIS recipe. Fluffy. Perfect. Sugar-free. AND they use up the extra bananas we often have turning spotty in our fruit bowl. I bet no one will know they’re gluten-free and more nutrient-rich than your standard pancake.
Anyway, this recipe makes about 24 mini pancakes. I freeze and then zap them in the microwave on high for 30 minutes when we need a quick ‘run out the door’ breakfast. Enjoy!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 270ml coconut milk
- 50ml milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g buckwheat flour
- 100g regular gluten-free flour *
- Use a fork to mush bananas well, then combine all wet ingredients.
- Mix in remaining dry ingredients.
- Melt a small amount of butter or oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of batter and form as many mini pancakes in the pan without them touching. You should be able to fit 4 or 5 pancakes in the pan depending on pan size.
- Fry the pancakes for approximately 2 minutes until air bubbles start popping on the surface. Flip the pancakes and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side or until golden brown. Repeat until all batter is gone.
- Serve with toppings as per your pancake preference 🙂 .
*Can use regular flour is you’d prefer
For future updates on me, my articles, posts, and writing sign up for my newsletter. All details will remain private and I promise not to spam you!