I just wanted to share this awesome video and musical…
As some of my followers might know, I recently gave birth to my first child. In preparation for being a busy mum, I decided to create a gluten free, dairy free chicken nugget recipe.
This recipe was to serve two purposes:
- As a quick freezer snack to put in the oven during those crazy/busy first few weeks.
- As a healthy and homemade recipe for when bubs is older and a potentially fussy eater (we all know kids generally love chicken nuggets)
Of course, when it comes to having children, even the best thought-out plans can fall to pieces. As it turns out, my daughter has a (hopefully temporary) egg allergy, so I can’t eat my tasty stash and will have to tweak this recipe should her pesky egg intolerance stick around.
But that doesn’t mean YOU can’t enjoy these tasty treats! Hence why I’m sharing this recipe.
Read on, I hope you enjoy. 😀
- 1 kg Chicken thighs cut into cubes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Thai seasoning (or any seasoning you like)
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons coconut milk
- Mix flour, thai seasoning, salt, and pepper together in a large freezer bag.
- Whisk egg and coconut milk together in a bowl.
- Coat chicken by shaking portions inside freezer bag with flour.
- Dip floured chicken onto egg, then coat with breadcrumbs in a seperate bowl.
- Bake on paper lined trays in a 200 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- If it seems you have more nuggets than required, freeze uncooked. To cook, place frozen nuggets in a 200 degree oven for 30 minutes. You can also double this recipe and make in bulk to freeze.
- For added flavour, you could experiment with adding a couple of tablespoons of shredded coconut to the flour and crumb mix.
- For an extra lazy version, skip cutting chicken into cubes and instead cut and tenderise into bigger/flatter chicken fillets.
For updates on me, my articles, and posts sign up for my newsletter. All details will remain private.
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s post, I love reading and responding to everyone’s comments so feel free to say ‘Hello’ if you’d like.