This week's recipe is a simple and quick twist on…
It’s about time I contribute a new recipe to my blog, so without further delay, I present my stress-free Roast Pumpkin Pasta recipe. It’s easy, quick and non-labour intensive.
This is one of those recipes you can get to know so well and eventually start guessing measurements and improvising with. To save on time I recommend prepping ingredients while the pasta and pumpkin are cooking.
Cooking and prep time: 40 minutes.
- 500g Butternut Pumpkin
- 300g Spagetti pasta*
- 50g Butter**
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Olives, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat Oven to 200 degrees.
2. Cut Butternut Pumpkin into 2cm cubes, lay out on lined baking tray and drizzle with cooking oil. Roast in oven for approx. 30 minutes, or until golden brown and soft.
3. Boil pasta as per packet cooking instructions.
4. Melt butter on medium- high heat, in a large frying pan until slightly browned. Add nutmeg and fry for approx. 30 seconds or until aromatic.
5. Throw in walnuts, parsley and olives, mix together briefly until parsley slightly wilts.
6. Turn off heat. Add pasta and pumpkin to pan, lightly season with salt and pepper and then mix together until combined
7. Pasta is ready to serve.
* This recipe works well with various pasta types including ravioli, agnolotti and gluten free.
** For a dairy free/ vegan version replace butter with coconut or sunflower oil.
Hope you enjoyed today’s post. I love reading and responding to everyone’s comments, so feel free to leave a comment of your own.
For updates on me, my articles and posts, please sign up for my new monthly newsletter. All details will remain private.