Today I want to share three quick tips I…
Today I’m sharing a recipe picked up during my travels through Europe. It encompasses the favours of the Mediterranean; including classic ingredients such as garlic, basil and olive oil.
This is yet another quick and easy recipe that tastes great!
Serves: 4 as side dish/ entree.
Cooking and prep time: Approx 20 minutes.
- Cooking oil or Oven spray
- 3 Large eggplants
- 1 Clove Garlic, finely sliced
- 1 Handful pitted green olives, chopped
- 1 Handful fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Slice eggplants lengthways, about 5mm in thickness. Place on lined baking trays and spray with cooking oil. (If not using cooking spray, drizzle with cooking oil and mix in a bowl before placing on trays to avoid sticking).
2. Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes, turning once. Eggplant should be tender and lightly browned.
3. Remove eggplant from the oven and place in bowl. Add garlic, basil, olives, and drizzle with olive oil. Season to taste.
4. Gently combine. Eggplant is ready to eat. 🙂
* If eggplant is particularly young/ has a slight green tinge inside, you may need to salt and leave for 10 minutes to get rid of the bitterness before cooking.
Hope you enjoyed today’s post. I love reading and responding to everyone’s comments, so feel free to leave a comment of your own.
For updates on me, my articles and posts, please sign up for my new monthly newsletter. All details will remain private.