Today I want to share three quick tips I…
This week I’m sharing with you a recipe that harnesses the health benefits of kale. With a higher iron content than beef and numerous antioxidants, many are turning to this hearty vegetable to improve their general well-being. The only problem is not many people are sure of how to cook it.
Scroll down to see how I usually get my regular serve of kale. Trust me, it’s tasty!
Serves: 4 as side dish.
Cooking and prep time: Approx 20 minutes.
- 2 tbl Cooking oil
- 1 Brown onion, sliced thinly
- 2 Medium sized carrots, julienned
- 1 tsp Minced ginger
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- 15 Shiitake mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 Bunch kale, stalks trimmed away & leaves cut into 3 inch chunks.
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Cumin ground
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Set stove to a medium-high temperature, and in a large pan, heat oil.
2. Add onion and carrot, cover with lid and cook for approx 5 minutes until onion is transparent.
3. Stir in ginger and garlic, then add Shiitake mushrooms. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes or until mushrooms lose their toughness.
4. Add kale, cinnamon, cumin, salt and pepper. Cover and cook again until kale turns a brighter green and begins to wilt.
5. Double check carrots and kale are tender, and there is enough salt and pepper. If so your kale is done 🙂
* Regular button mushrooms are fine if Shiitakes are unavailable, just don’t cook as long.
Hope you enjoyed today’s post. I love reading and responding to everyone’s comments, so feel free to leave a comment of your own.
For updates on me, my articles and posts, please sign up for my new monthly newsletter. All details will remain private.