I made this meme myself, feel free to use…
While I’ve been super busy writing a short story for publication at the end of the year, I’ve also had someone in my household recovering from mouth surgery. So in an endeavour to make mushy food more interesting (minus the excessive sugar), I came up with a new favourite winter comfort treat––Cinnamon and Maple Syrup Poached Pears.
I hadn’t planned on sharing this, but I posted a picture online and someone asked for the recipe. So without further delay, here is how to make these super tasty pears:
Cooking and prep time: 30 minutes.
- 4 Brown Pears (Buerre Bosc are good)
- 1 Stick Cinnamon
- 4 Whole Cloves
- 1tsp Mixed Spice
- 2tbsp Honey
- Boiling Water (approx 3 cups, but boil more just in case)
- Maple Syrup to serve
- Powered Cinnamon to serve
1. Boil a kettle of water, meanwhile peel pears leaving the cores intact.
2. Place whole pears in a saucepan and cover with hot water until slightly submerged. Add cinnamon stick, cloves, mixed spice and honey to water.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until pears are soft.
4. Serve pears in individual small bowls with about half a cup of water from the pot.
5. Pour ample amount of maple syrup to favour (approx 3tbsp) and sprinkle pears with powered cinnamon.
Enjoy with a warm cup of tea or coffee 😀
Hope you enjoyed today’s post. I love reading and responding to everyone’s comments, so feel free to leave a comment of your own.
For updates on me, my articles and posts, please sign up for my new monthly newsletter. All details will remain private.