While I've been super busy writing a short story for…
Looking for a really healthy, but super tasty dessert?
I’ve put together a quick and easy recipe that harnesses the benefits of blueberries (antioxidants & Vitamin C), as well as chia seeds (protein boost, with more Omega 3 than salmon). If that’s still not good enough this dessert is also gluten and dairy free, AND it really does taste like cheesecake!
Cooking and prep time: 15 minutes or less.
- 1 ½ cups Blueberries
- 1 ½ cups Coconut milk
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- ¼ tsp Vanilla essence
- ¼ tsp Finely grated lime zest
- ½ cup Chia seeds
1. Place blueberries, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla essence and zest into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Transfer ingredients into a bowl and add chia seeds.
3. Mix together well using a whisk, leave for 10 minutes.
4. Whisk again, then leave in the fridge.
5. Pudding is ready to eat in about 4 hours, however it’s nicer if left overnight to allow the husks to fully soften.
* Add a little bit of water if the mixer is too thick for you.
** Other sweeteners can be used instead of the maple syrup i.e. honey.
Hope you enjoyed today’s post. I love reading and responding to everyone’s comments, so feel free to leave a comment of your own.
For updates on me, my articles and posts, please sign up for my new monthly newsletter. All details will remain private.